Mathematics Olympiad is a quite interesting way to test one’s mathematical prowess and further explore the universe of number tricks and crunching. It is also a forever hot debate among math enthusiasts and is not an easy task to clear. It has a national and international level and requires some tricks and strategies to excel. Prepare notes, quick facts for revision – While preparing for exam do remember to create notes and quick facts to remember and do a quick revision before exams. Quick facts could be useful enough for future references and revisions. It helps in learning faster. Solve Quizzes & Puzzles for Maths – Practice is the key, solve a lot of maths puzzles and practice as many questions as you can. Practicing will increase the retention and help in quick revival of concepts in the exam hall.Fix time and place – Make sure when you study, there is no disturbance. Move away from your study place when you need to take breaks. Take frequent breaks by structuring your time schedule. Whenever you feel fresh, study the difficult or boring subjects first for a few minutes and then move on to easy ones.
First Know your Syllabus
Section 1: Mathematical Reasoning: Number sense, Numeral and Number Name (7 and 8 digit numbers), Roman Numbers, Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication,Division, Factors, and Multiples, LCM, HCF, Rules of Divisibility, Whole, Prime and Composite Numbers, Fractions, Decimals, Geometrical Shapes & Angles,Circles, Symmetry, Measurement of Length, Mass, Capacity, Perimeter, and Area of Rectangle, Square, Measurement of Volume, Temperature, Time and Various Operations on Time, Relationship Between Seconds, Minutes and Hours, Money,Representation of Data in Pictorial Form.
Section 2: Logical Reasoning: Patterns, Formation of Numbers and Figures, Direction Sense, Number Ranking, and Alphabetical Test, Series, Odd One Out.
Section 3: Achievers Section: Higher Order Thinking Skills Questions – from the above-given Syllabus.
Some Key Tips to Crack Maths Olympiad
- Focus on learning the concepts well and on acquiring the basic skills needed to solve problems.
- Practice mathematics regularly. Make sure that you are solving as many different types of problems as possible. You can practice lots of questions on different topics on the Internet.
- Identify the areas of your strength and weakness and focus on weak areas to get better results.
- Solve model and mock papers and understand the pattern of previous years’ papers. This will help you to get acquainted with the pattern and structure of the test.
- Learn shortcuts to solve various types of questions. Keep these points on your fingertips to save time and work efficiently.
- Read questions thoroughly. Olympiad problems are known for their complexity, which means you have to take an extra effort.
- During exam do not waste time in solving difficult questions; rather try some short and easy questions first.
- Do a lot of practice covering each topic. After that take mock tests, analyze your result, and make an assessment report for your current score.
- Prepare your notes and important facts to remember and do a quick revision before exams. It helps in learning faster.
Math & English Exciting Personalized Coaching offline and online tuition for Young Students.
IMO PREVIOUS YEAR PAPERS (RTP) http://www.sofworld.org/imo-previous-year-papers-rtp.html
OLYMPIAD LEVEL 1 PAST PAPERS IMO-Level-1-Papers
OLYMPIAD LEVEL 2 PAST PAPERS-International-Maths-Olympiad-2nd-Level-Past-Papers
FREE Trial Class for Olympiad Maths and English competitive exams for class 3 to 7.